Monday, November 23, 2009
Stolen Purses
The difference between Portland and New York City is considerable, on so many levels. However, from the various stories, I know that Dorothy adapted quite well in most cases. See, her only daughter moved to The Big Apple right after college, so when grandkids starting showing up, so did Dorothy. She took Lauren and me on all the needed outings, walking the streets of SoHo and talking to all the neighborhood characters. A trooper in fact. Although, in the twenty years she kept traveling to NYC, she just would always get her purse stolen. I use "always" as an exaggeration as it probably only happened two or three times. But in life, that's a lot of stolen purses. I bet if she caught any of the thiefs, she'd say they were in the doghouse. I think one was at a race Mom was running, and one was in a diner in Times Square. Not sure the specifics of the others. I just always remember that about her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment